Thursday, September 17, 2009

First post ever!

Some people I think are awesome, like Collin and Austin, have blogs. I felt left out.

I feel like my first post should be something special, but I can't think of anything special, so it's just going to be ordinary. Speaking of ordinary, the word "extraordinary" never sat right with me. I know what it means, but it always seems to me like it should mean "more ordinary", describing something that is exceptionally ordinary. Something so ordinary that it couldn't simply be described as being ordinary. "That's so ordinary that it's extraordinary." You know how sometimes when you say a word a bunch of times it suddenly looks like it isn't even a word anymore, because it just sounds silly. That's happening with "ordinary" right now. Who would read this blog? Seriously.

I like making popsicles out of Jell-O. Jell-O popsicles. It started out with me just using Jell-O. I made some Jell-O, but instead of putting it in the fridge to chill and solidify that way, I poured the colorful liquid into a popsicle mold and put it into the freezer to freeze and solidify that way. It's slimy and delicious, and when it melts, it doesn't drip. It just becomes Jell-O. After a few successful batches, I decided to start getting really creative. Frozen Jell-O has a really interesting texture and consistency, which reminds me of frozen banana, so I got some strawberry banana flavored Jell-O, and cut up a banana, and put it all into the popsicle mold. It was amazing. The banana and Jell-O basically became one entity when they froze. Next I tried "melon fusion" flavored Jell-O and I cut up pieces of watermelon to put in it. When I cut up the watermelon, there was a lot of excess watermelon juice, so I actually used that in place of some of the water in the making of the Jell-O. The frozen watermelon had a really strange texture, but again, it was a total success. After that, I don't know what happened. I tried mixing grape Jell-O with grape Gatorade and freezing it. Terrible. Then the other day I tried this:


One of the worst ideas I've ever had. For some reason, the Jell-O mix didn't even dissolve in the sparkling iced tea. It's too bad too, because I bet it would have tasted amazing. I wasn't feeling very confident before starting either, so I consulted my Oblique Strategies cards.


Interestingly, that was randomly picked from the deck, and it was about recipes. Probably the only card in the deck about recipes. Of course, I still didn't really know how to interpret it, so I don't think it even helped me.

Anyway, in other news, my A Fire Inside tickets came in the mail yesterday. My cousin Patrick, and my friend Todd, and I are going to see AFI on October 16th, and it's going to be a good time. It will be my fourth time seeing AFI live. It will be Patrick's second time, and Todd's second time.


I saw AFI for the first time in 2003 after Sing The Sorrow came out, and then twice again in 2006 after DecemberUnderground came out. Of the two times I saw them in 2006, one time I went with Patrick, and the other time was with Todd.

No comments:

Post a Comment