Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Turn the page, close the book.

Now that Cyberspace And Reds and Computers And Blues are out, all that's left is a tour before The Streets are no more. The final (but unfinished) Streets song was released on The Guardian. I assume it was originally intended to have vocals, but it has been released as an instrumental.

In a video on The Guardian website, Mike Skinner said:

'(This song) was created by me as the final song by The Streets. I intended on calling it "Close The Book" as the first song I ever wrote for The Streets was called "Turn The Page". On realizing that this would be shit, I decided to bin it.'


Right-click on the image and 'save link as' to download the song, or just left-click it to listen to the song in your browser.

I think Mike Skinner should have finished the song and put it on the final Streets album. It would have made a fitting end to Computers And Blues, even as an instrumental.

No comments:

Post a Comment