Saturday, February 2, 2013

"The Loop Closes" and "How Long?" by How To Destroy Angels

Last month the band How To Destroy Angels released a third music video from their recent EP An Omen. The video was for the song "The Loop Closes".



I like An Omen, but I don't love it. Nothing on it really jumps out at me that much I guess, and it's not as fun to listen to as their first EP. I also really like when EP's are like mini albums, and I'm not sure why, but An Omen doesn't quite feel like one to me. That's just my personal taste though when it comes to EP's. A few of the songs on the EP will be on the band's first full length album, Welcome Oblivion, which will be released on March 5th. I've been hoping I'll like the songs more in the context of the full album.

Although I've been looking forward to Welcome Oblivion, I wouldn't describe it as excitement. That changed yesterday when the band released a new music video, which is for a new song from the album called "How Long?". The video is directed by Shynola.



Besides it just being a really great looking video, I really love the song. In my opinion, it's a lot cooler than anything on the EP, and I love how catchy it is. I'm officially excited for Welcome Oblivion.

No comments:

Post a Comment