Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Ode To Jelly Belly

A while back, my sister and her boyfriend gave me a Jelly Belly jar.

I love Jelly Belly, but only certain flavors. I refuse to get the 20 Flavors or 40 Flavors assortments, because they contain so many flavors that are unappealing, like buttered popcorn, coconut, and black licorice.

All three of those awful flavors are in that BeanBoozled assortment where all the jelly beans are put in pairs that appear the same, but one is supposed to be a "tasty" flavor and one is supposed to be a gross "weird and wild" flavor. It's some kind of demented party game. Somehow, all three of those awful flavors are considered "tasty" ones in the game, but in my opinion they don't seem much better than their "weird and wild" counterparts. Honestly, if it's between coconut and baby wipes, I am not sure which one I'd rather eat. It's a toss up.

The Jelly Belly assortment I love most is Soda Pop Shoppe. Every flavor is delicious, and each one is based on popular soda flavors. 7UP, A&W Cream Soda and Root Beer, Orange and Grape Crush, and Dr. Pepper. It's very rare that I see them in any stores though, so the Jelly Belly jar has been empty most of the time I've owned it.

Until recently when I found a Snapple assortment.



Curiously though, all of the flavors are based on Snapple fruit juice drinks. I do love some of the juices, such as Kiwi Strawberry, but I think iced tea flavors could be amazing. Imagine the Snapple raspberry iced tea in Jelly Belly form. Yum! Truly a missed opportunity, but I enjoy this Snapple assortment anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment