Sunday, September 12, 2010

Halloween is coming up. So this is my...

Spooky, isn't it?

This year's X-Entertainment Halloween Countdown started yesterday. Sometimes I go for long periods of time where I seem to completely forget that X-Entertainment exists, but I've been a fan of the site for probably a decade. It's not necessarily hard to believe, but it's a little bit crazy that it's been over a decade since Matt ate Nad's hair removal gel. That remains, in my mind, one of the highlights of internet culture.

Even before Matt started doing Halloween Countdowns, the holiday was celebrated extravagantly on the site. Sometimes he wouldn't even wait until the month of October to start the extravagance, so it seemed like the countdowns were created as a way to rationalize starting to celebrate early every year. I used to love Madd Matt.


He is not afraid of the dark. He is the dark.

The Halloween Countdown has just started, but it already seems more exciting than the past several years' countdowns did. It seems like Matt's putting more enthusiasm into it than he previously did. Witnessing it is probably not unlike a new parent witnessing their young children experiencing their first few Halloweens and Christmas's. It makes visiting the X-Entertainment site feel like it felt years ago. It's fun. It's making me in the mood for Halloween.

The past few years I had plans for Halloween, but I was let down at the last minute each time, and ended up sitting in my room, watching John Carpenter's Halloween (I'm forced to make that distinction now since Rob Zombie decided to make a terrible remake a few years ago) or Ghostbusters.



I have no plans this year, so I can't be let down. Suddenly the idea of sitting around that night and watching movies by myself sounds fun, when it's not in the context of broken plans. I'm going to go buy some exquisitely delicious Halloween candy, and watch movies, and have a wonderful time. And I'll be counting down the days until that night with X-Entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment