Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Crystal Castles' "Not In Love" sung by Robert Smith

The second Crystal Castles album has been one of my favorite albums from 2010. One of the songs on the album is a cover of the 1983 song "Not In Love" by the band Platinum Blonde. Although I'm not a fan of the original version of the song, I immediately loved the cover by Crystal Castles, sung by main songwriter Ethan Kath. I guess it's been around for about a month, but I only just found out the other day that there's an alternate version of the Crystal Castles version with lead vocals by Robert Smith, frontman of The Cure. I can't adequately communicate with words how much I love it. I'm a big fan of Robert Smith, and his voice fits so perfectly with this song that it gives me chills. I also love that it keeps bits of Ethan Kath's vocodered voice as background vocals. Take a listen to the song, you won't be disappointed.



The single is being officially released on December 6th.

UPDATE: If you want to download a free mp3 of this song, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment