Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The drum sound of Jimmy Eat World's "Disintegration"

My favorite Jimmy Eat World song is "Disintegration", which they released on their Stay On My Side Tonight EP. I always found the drum sound in the song to be fascinating.



I love when musicians get "outside the box" creative, either in the studio or on stage, and I love finding out what creative and experimental techniques they used to achieved certain sounds. It's inspiring.

Today on the band's twitter account, they posted a photo of when they recorded the the drums for the song five years ago.


As you can see, it's a pretty interesting setup, and there were 4 drum sets being played at the same time to get the huge drum sound in the song. The drummers from left to right in the photo are the producer Mark Trombino, Jimmy Eat World drummer Zach Lind, At The Drive-In and Sparta drummer Tony Hajjar, and Jimmy Eat World singer/guitarist Jim Adkins.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered how they made such a sound. Thanks for the info. Great song!

    ReplyDelete