Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"And I Will Kiss" by Underworld (featuring Evelyn Glennie)

On my other blog, INT. A CINEMATIC MIND - NIGHT, I posted an entry about the 2012 Olympic Games opening ceremony. The ceremony, entitled Isles Of Wonder, was designed by director Danny Boyle with music direction by one of my favorite bands, Underworld. I'm not that interested in sports, but the team-up of Boyle and Underworld was enough to get me to watch the ceremony.

After watching the ceremony, there was one specific part I wanted to post on here, but I couldn't find it on youtube. I've at least found the music now though. The music, named "And I Will Kiss" after part of a speech given by the character Caliban in The Tempest by William Shakespeare, was the score to a part of Isles Of Wonder which represented the industrial revolution in Britain. The song, composed by Underworld, features over one thousand drummers led by the percussionist Evelyn Glennie. It was pretty amazing to watch, and it's amazing to listen to as well. It's 17 minutes long, but it's definitely worth listening to the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment